Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter nails (#newbie) Tutorial

Easter nails (#newbie) Tutorial

Hi, so I just need to make perfectly clear that...... if you are expecting some type of nail artist or make up artist tutorials, sadly..... you're in the wrong blog. I'm no artist but I love to do my nails, hair and makeup. I'll post some of my NOTD and FOTD (nails of the day and face of the day) as tutorials, but they will be my everyday and not so skilled version. My Tutorials are free of: hassle, talent  and done with a very limited budget. I follow, admire and use as inspiration several nail and makeup artist. I love! really love their work, but if I would try to do intricate tutorials as theisr, mine would actually suck...... and badly. Lets say this is how most of my attempts to follow tutorials end:

Now to the tutorial itself:



Easter nails (#newbie) Tutorial1.) You will need:

  • Base-coat and topcoat
  • Pastel nail polish (yellow, baby blue, light pink, green and lilac)
  • White polish
  • Polish remover
  • Dotter (I used the opposite side to the bristles from an old craft brush)
  • Elf concealer brush and cotton-balls.

2.) Clean your nails with a cotton ball soaked in nail polish remover,  then apply the base-coat and let it dry. Paint each nail with a different color (as many coats as you judge necessary), for the next step allow your polish dry completely.

3.) Take your white polish and some disposable or plastic container and let some white polish drip on it. Only 1 or 2 drops, it usually dries fast. Once you think the polish seems or feels sticky add more white polish.

4.) Take your dotter and soak it on white polish.

5.) I like to start putting the first dot in the middle of my nail and from there, the next one goes in and so on; but you can apply dots anywhere. Here goes the tricky part: the perfect dot depends on how much pressure you apply to the dotter each and every time. I let it soak on polish, then firmly but carefully press against my nail for big dots for small ones the dotter  faintly touches my nail. After 2 or 3 dots clean your dotter/brush with polish remover and cotton.

6.) Apply  topcoat.

7.) Take your elf concealer brush soak it on polish remover. Carefully start cleaning your cuticles and the area around your nails. Take your time!!


Easter nails (#newbie) Tutorial


And voila, super easy and cute nails for Easter!
Thank you for checking it out. If you try it let me know and I would love to see some of your pictures in our Facebook wall or just us at @life of a mad typer!!!!!

23 comments:

  1. Now that's a good idea for Easter. Love the designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I rarely have the patience to do such intricate designs. But this looks easy enough, that even I could do it. - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Easter nails are super cute and look easy enough for someone like me who is horrible at doing my nails! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those are super cute - I have to show my girls this. They'll love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very talented and patient. I don't think I could pull that off because it would look horrible. super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! I love nail art but I am not very skilled. I might be able to manage something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would be so fun to do with my girls, anytime of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some great conversations starters any time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am horrible at painting my nails! I am so jealous. This turned out so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awe... those are awesome. You are very talented, as I would never have thought of doing something so cute

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think your nails came out so cute!! I would have loved to make easter egg toe nails!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute, I adore these ideas! I haven't painted them in ages! Spring is a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This Is Awesome I Can't Wait To Try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm lucky not to get mine all smudgy...lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are so cute! Love the pastel-y colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are just so cute! I love the colors and the dots.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute look for nails. It seems like something fun my teenager would get a big kick out of.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The polka dot nails are my favorite spring design I've seen this year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You did a great job with your nails! I got a good laugh out of the finger nailed it one, too! That looks like something I would have done. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. These nail designs are fabulous! Can't wait to try them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the pastel colors! It makes it look so 60s and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those are adorable. I will have to try it next year on my daughter

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Statistics