Friday, November 9, 2012

e.l.f. Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer :clear review

I love makeup but I like good prices more. I've been called cheapskate before but I like to think its more frugal. Well I didn't start getting really big into doing makeup the better way until some point last year. I had never used both concealer and foundation powder I just threw on the powder. Eye shadow was a one shade journey I didn't understand blending or smokey eye Hell I didn't even use eyeliner until then.

I had been talking to my friend Suzy and she mentioned when I said I had a problem with makeup basically melting off my face that I should use primer. Now I paint and stuff so I knew what a paint primer did so I assumed it did the same. My friend suggested Sephora but prices there are so high I could never bring myself to spend that much! At the time I was selling avon but I didn't want to pay their prices either So I found an alternative while searching online. That is when I found Elf cosmetics.

So I picked up the e.l.f. Studio Mineral Infused Face Prime and decided to give it a shot. I have alot of acne scars and I have always felt like powder just made them show up more and when I heard primer helped with laying a smooth foundation I didn't quite believe it. Then I tried it and I was amazed at the smoothness and sleekness of my skin, you could say I fell in love.

Here is what the site has to say about it:

e.l.f. Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer

Transform your face into a flawless and smooth canvas with the Mineral Infused Face Primer. Developed to combat against excess oil, flaky dryness, enlarged pores and fine lines. This clear multipurpose skin primer will prepare your skin so makeup goes on evenly for a long lasting satin finish.

Features a new and improved air pump! For best results, you may need to pump the component several times before product dispenses.

Recommended uses:
Tone Adjusting Green is ideal for minimizing redness and correcting blotchy skin.
Brightening Lavender is ideal for uneven skin tones and to brighten dull or yellow tones.
Radiant Glow is ideal for creating a luminizing effect on dark spots and uneven skin tones.



Now the downside.... well the primer itself nothing but the dispenser is ridiculous. The site says you may have to pump several times but I still couldn't get anything to come out. I will give them the benefit of the doubt because I bought my stuff last year and it does say new and improved so I don't know if this is a every time thing. Have you purchased this primer? What was your experience with the dispenser?






All in all for $6 this is totally worth buying! Yeah I have to use the pump to drag some out of the bottle but the primer itself does what I wanted with a price I am willing to pay. I give it 4 stars just because of the packaging.


12 comments:

  1. Awesome review...I've never tried Elf products but now I will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price is awesome and its available at target!

      Delete
  2. I have never used Elf products either! But I will go check them out. I love makeup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! I have a bag full of Elf because its $1-3 for most products.

      Delete
  3. AHHHHH!!! I want to try this. I love your reviews!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just starting to get into makeup myself. I'll have to look into primer.r Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have acne scars too!! Thank you for the review I am going to have to try this out!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice I havent tried elf primer but is ok <3 i might give em a second try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ive never heard of this brand but now im going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never heard of this brand but I like to try new products so this would work for me! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review. Ive seen the brand but never bought it, I will be trying it now. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never heard of this brand before - thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Statistics