Sunday, July 8, 2012

Squishy Baff

My daughter is one of those obsessive, persistent kids. She's been asking for Squishy Baff daily since Christmas. Excitement overwhelmed us both when I noticed that the commercials started hinting at it being in stores shortly before her birthday.

Where do I begin? Firstly, I was a little disappointed that $10 only buys two bath pouches. Then I was very disappointed when I discovered that it took both pouches to fill a mediocre sized tub. The consistency was a lot like tapioca pudding. After waiting around and stirring for ten minutes, the "foam" consistency came, but the novelty melted away. My once over zealous kid was cringing and sliding around trying to escape. I helped her out of the tub, but not before the tapioca hell-beads flew across my once clean bathroom. The clean up was awful. The Baff drained from the tub more from a wish and a prayer than the assistance of the dissolving solution.



In the words of my four year old daughter, "This is stupid."

NOTE from Rubyblood:
After doing some research I found that the chemical used to make the "squishy-ness" is actually known to cause serious issues! Check HERE for details.

5 comments:

  1. I had never heard of this stuff, but my little guy is only 2 so he doesn't ask for things from commercials yet. That looks like a huge mess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I had no idea! I've seen this commercial many times and wanted to buy it for my son. I'm glad I passed - also, thanks for sharing the other link about how dangerous it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen it and was a little more interested than my 12 year old. Thanks for sharing I won't waste my money!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter has been asking for this stuff every time she sees it on television.. At least now I'll know that I have a good reason to tell her no!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the informative review and for your honesty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Statistics